“I’ve lost my will to work, I’ve lost my will to do anything at all, All the ideas are stuck and I find it difficult to move!” – Sounds familiar?
That is what happens when you lose your mojo or are simply not motivated enough to work, live, move, almost anything. It’s a universal experience. Most people go through this lack of motivation sometime or the other during their lifetime.
One minute its all great, you are doing 10 different things, running around here and there all charged up and the next minute – ‘Poof’ it’s all gone!
Why does this happen? When does movement turn to inertia? To answer this question – Let me be honest, there isn’t a concrete list of reasons. The most apparent or understandable reasons are –
A recent change in your life
Unable to make sound decisions
Going through a crisis
Unhappy with work
No goal or aim
No external motivation
……..and the list can go on and on…
But the point here is that lack of motivation or lack of that jolt of energy can set back your confidence for your – self, work or your business for days, months, years even….
Is there anything that you can do about it?
Of Course, you can!
You can self-motivate yourself! Sounds tough!? It’s really not. All you need to do is stop all that you’re doing this instant and read these steps.
Its actually pretty easy and quite fun to follow these few ideas.
1. Unlearn to focus a lot – Stop for a minute and ask yourself, “Where is all my focus at this moment?” “What am I obsessing over?” Did you get your answer? Now take a small break, relax, go for a walk or have some coffee. Simply, Pause for a while. Because whatever you are obsessing about clearly isn’t helping you. When you focus on negative or something unproductive odds are you will experience a sort of block, could be mental or creative. Take a break, distract yourself – Could be for a few minutes, for a few hours, days even. Take a pause, Relax and bounce back. You will notice an upgrade in your thoughts and your life.
2. Change Routine – I am sure you would have read or heard about this many many times. That’s because its true! I am not talking about huge changes but certain small ones can bring a boost in happiness, uplift your spirits and refill your creativity with newness. Changes such as, maintaining a simple morning routine or a night routine can bring a novelty in your life which will make you happy and energetic, A simple workout, a 5-minute meditation exercise, evening herbal teas, an amazing book to read before bedtime, cooking, playing with your kids, almost any change in your regular routine will help.
3. Meet new people – So, what I mean by this is that meet people who will inspire you, motivate you or make you feel good. I don’t mean, throwing or going to a party where you get drunk and pass out. No! But, meet like-minded people, people who share your vision or idea of life, business or work. Join a club, community, visit local events related to your work. There are a lot of ways now to virtually connect with communities on Facebook, LinkedIn etc., Or you could go the old school way and ask someone you wish to connect with over a cuppa coffee.
4. Educate Yourself – Tardiness or lack of confidence is the result of less awareness. You do not have to be an expert in everything but you need to be aware of whatever you think holds you back. Its very important to be open to learn new ideas or upgrade about a new trend in business or work, even if you think you know most of it because those who think they “know it all” seldom succeed! When you educate yourself, there is clarity, you become aware of the areas where you lack confidence which is a good jump start to the brain and your thought patterns. The more you educate yourself, the better!
5. Self-Care – Self care is a happiness booster, especially for women. Taking time off to get a good massage or a hair spa or even a good mani-pedi will uplift that dull mood. It’s a great energy recharge. When you take care of yourself, give yourself the priority, your tense muscles are relaxed which in-turn helps in creative thinking and increases productivity. A good night’s sleep, a foot massage, Journaling, Doing Yoga, a warm shower, simply anything, will recharge your dull mind and leave you motivated.
These are a few ways which will help in self-motivation. But let me tell you, there needs to be some consistency for it to work. You have to do the work to feel motivated. You cannot recharge by practicing just for a day. It will make you happy and motivate you for that moment but again the next day you’ll land up feeling unmotivated and the cycle will continue. So be consistent and practice it every day to experience the change and motivation you’re looking for.
Hope this article helps you to stay motivated. Please let me know via email. I read all mails. Thank you for reading. :)